October 25, 2011

Papercraft Art: Life-size 1969 Ford Mustang

In this incredible work of art entitled One Piece at a Time, artist Jonathan Brand recreates as a life-size paper model the 1969 Mustang he once owned. Jonathan, commenting on his work writes:
"The original car didn't run and I never drove it. The body and interior were completely refinished but not its mechanicals, making the paper version almost as complete as the original. The details of the car are based more on my memory and a few photographs. I no longer have access to the original car and chose not to use a surrogate to measure and get all the details correct. I like when things are slightly off, in the wrong place or missing, just like my memories of the original."
Sorry, there are no downloads of the template ^^, but photos of all the parts of the papercraft car (including the doors, seats, instrument panel and spark plugs) may be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment